Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Victory!

So the Space Wolves achieved their first table top victory this past Sunday with the help of the Ultra Angels agains the foul Daemons and Necrons!

We played a 2v2, Imperium vs Non Imperium game this weekend with 3000pts a side. My deathstar list did fairly well.

Here is a quick recap of things that happened.

Necrons were spread thin across their deployment as the Daemons have to deep strike. A monolith, and Necron Elites (Pariahs?) stood against the Ultra Angels while the deadly Nightbringer and lots of warriors stood against my small force of Space Wolves.

We rolled up 4 objectives and placed them across the board. (Using my awesome Ale barrels! :P)

So basically, I rolled my LRC right up to the Nightbringer's face and let loose with Arjac, Wolf Priest and Wolf Guard while the Rune Priest tried to Jaws the Nightbringer. He failed, but managed to kill 3 warriors before attracting alot of fire and dying right out. Poor bugger.

Arjac and friends however pressed on and assaulted the Nightbringer. However, on my part I didnt realise over half the unit couldnt even wound him, >.>.

After two turns of combat, Arjac, 1 Wolf Guard, and the Wolf priest emerged victorious. They then wiped a squad of Daemons (manta rays?) and then Arjac and the Wolf Guard fell to Necron Fire.

Meanwhile back in our deployment zone, my two grey hunter packs sat eagerly awaiting Daemons as they deepstruck to their doom.

On the other side of the board my partners Ultra Angels were doing a fair bit against Daemons and Necrons alike.

After Arjac fell to Necron Warrior Fire, my Wolf Priest hopped back inside his LR and with the help of a Grey Hunter squad and a tac squad from the Ultra Angels, the Necrons were soon punished and effectively phased out.

At this point the Daemons were still coming in piecemeal and dying quickly.

The Imperium stood victorious!

1 comment:

  1. Yup...You just got to love Arjac. He always does what he does best. It's a pity he did not survive, but that I guess is sometimes the price of sweet victory.

    ReplyDelete