Sunday, June 5, 2011

So, today I play my first official game on table top with my Space Wolves. Since I havent gotten my Thunderwolves yet or my order from GW and FW for some stuff, I got to looking at what I had and what I could make from leftovers from my first (failed) Space Marine army.

From the Space Wolves Battleforce that I picked up a while back I was able to make 2 Grey Hunter squads, 1 scout squad and a drop pod (unassembled). With some extra bits I was able to make a Rune Priest to go along with them. I also had leftover from my old army a rhino, predator, vindicator, and a Land Raider. I decided for todays game that I would use the Pred as a second rhino. So, after adding up all the points, I was no where near the 1500 pts we had decided on for todays game at my friends house. So I went back to the bits box.

And lo and behold, I found part of a tac squad (on the sprue) and part of an old space wolves pack (on the sprue). After taking some time and looking over it all, I decided to make a Wolf Guard pack with the Wolf Claws, Frost Axes, and Thunder Hammers left over from the Battleforce. I also was able to make a Wolf Priest aswell, and found some old TH Terminators (one of which I am using as Arjac).

So here is the new list I came up with after assembling all those extra bits and bobs.

2x 9xman GH's-MG, WS, MotW-165pts (330pts)
2x Rhino's-35pts (70pts)
WP-Runic Armor-WTN, WTT, MB's 140pts
RP-LL, JotWW-100pts
Wolf Guard-10x man-Arjac, TH/SS, 2x Frost Axes, 4x WC's, 2x PF's/2x CM's-610pts
LRC-250pts

1500pts

Now I know I am not using the Vindi or the scouts and that all my eggs are basically in one basket (aka LRC) but I think the list will do fairly well. Today's game isn't a super competitive game at all, so Im not looking to win any trophies, just to have some fun and see what all this army can eat!

I will post up some of the highlights from the game and maybe try and nab some pics if my phone doesnt want to give me a fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment